"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, that my soul may sing to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever!" Psalm 30:11-12

Friday, January 28, 2011

Have you ever had one of those days...you know, the good ones?

Today was a day of perfect balance. I want to say that from now on, every day is going to be exactly what today was. Might I add, can you have a perfectly balanced day when you have your period? Maybe sometimes. So with period and all it was a successful day. These are the days to blog about!

I've always known in my head that scheduling was important. I'm a planner, but not a hardcore by the minute planner. Especially with four kids four and under. One, because there are always unexpected things happening. Always discipline to be enforced. Another is giving kids freedom to be kids (only in appropriate doses). So I gathered that there was a perfect flow today.


I did however have to correct my oldest quite a few times today. Discipline has not been lacking these days. Especially with my oldest. He's a sneaky clever guy and that can potentially be dangerous. A house under control is very pleasant and the chances of you hiding out crying while ripping out your hair is less likely to occur. Discipline is key. To discipline and to teach.

I had to teach my oldest the word "aggravating" today. I defined in "kid terms" as "bothering." If you ask him, he'll tell you. We went over it more then a handful of times. He does it a lot with his sisters. There is a natural pull for brothers to behave this way with sisters so I'm not that worried about it. I also know my girls can be overly dramatic about it.

But anyway, I had the opportunity to thank God during my quiet time and acknowledge His presence. Yes, in my own room. No disturbances. For 20 minutes.

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

That topped the day. Time to give my thoughts to Him, share my joys with Him, and giving Him praises is what brings me fulfillment.

So even though I'm not a hardcore scheduler, I do think having some kind of plan for the day is important. Its for sanity sake that I, as a mom, need some quiet time so I'm not a rude unlovable wife when my husband gets home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment