"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, that my soul may sing to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever!" Psalm 30:11-12

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Compassion

There are many things the Lord has taught me, shown me, and brought me though. None, can compare to how He helped me experience the feeling of compassion.



Through devastating news around the world. Mostly, the area of Japan. It seems that believers have been given the opportunity to witness. Some in more radical ways then others. The social networking sites, video clips, and end time prophecy articles have increased due to a devastating natural disaster. Sure, we Christians can point at such sad events and call them the wrath of God and say, "See this, this is prophecy the end is near! Accept Jesus as your LORD and Savior or you will perish."



My point is not that we can't share end time scripture. My point is that I feel believers crave disaster and bad things to happen for the opportunity to share Jesus. Though it is an opportunity, our witnessing tactics should not bring a threatening fear but bring a desire to experience the Love of Christ in peoples lives. Do we forget how compassionate Christ was? He witnessed through His healings, His teachings, His ability to to make people feel loved. He didn't do this just to prove He was God, but because He was God abounding with love and compassion.



At this moment, many people are saddened. People are mourning. So, we should mourn with them. Pray for them. We comfort those who need comforting. We need to put our focus and allowing our hearts to reach the level of compassion. To suffer with those who suffer. Compassion is not just a stronger word for saddened it's also making the gesture of relieving those in distress. My heart has been changed to bring the lost into the Kingdom of God through the compassion that I have now gained for the hurt and the lost.



" Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Mercies and God of all comfort, Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Corinthians 3-4



I understand that the world will experience worse things. But I don't intend to scare people with it. I merely will ask the Lord to mirror my heart like His and help me to reach people as He would.



" To the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some." 1 Corinthians 9:22

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Compassion and mourning with those who lost their love ones. Jesus was loving, is loving. However I still think it is important to use current news events and prophecy to get people's attention. A healthy balance is necessary obviously. There would be no problems with this if we just follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. Each person is different and how they receive information is different. Just follow Jesus and you will be alright :) I love you mama cita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jude 22-23

    "And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh."

    ReplyDelete